Take pictures and shoot videos are two things that we do daily. Sometimes we want to transfer or import this content to our PC, but we don’t know how to do it. Windows 10 offers an easy method to import your photos and videos from your phone to your PC.
Here you will know how to import any picture or video from your smartphone to your PC. This will be an easy and quick method to transfer your best content to your Windows 10 device. Keep reading this article if you want to know how to do all this.
Transfer files from your phone to your PC
First, you have to connect your phone directly to your PC using a USB cable. See below all the steps that you have to do after connecting your phone to your PC:
- Turn your phone on and unlock it to let your PC find it.
- On your PC, go to the Start menu and then select Photos option.
- Select Import >> From a USB device.
By doing these steps, you will be able to import any file that you want picking it and selecting where do you want to save it. You just need to wait a few seconds to your device to detect the file and proceed to transfer it.
Allow the transfer on smartphone
You need to allow the transfer on your phone if you want that your device can access to the files and save them on your PC.
See the below steps to know how to allow the transfer on your phone.
- You will see sometime similar to a prompt on your phone asking if you want to Trust This Computer. Select Trust or Allow to let your smartphone connect to your PC.
- Sometimes you need to select “Import to PC” or “Transfer connection” to give permissions to your device to access to your phone files.